Seeking Dating Site Review 2023
|Monthly visits||9.2 million|
|Price||$96.66 to $274.99 per month|
|Male to female ratio||65 to 35%|
|Good for||All types of romantic relationships|
|Mobile app||Android app, mobile-friendly site for iOS users|
is strikingly popular as judged by its large audience, but how effective is using it? Our team decided to investigate its functionality and interface and present here all information about the platform.
You will find here the most useful information about the dating platform, its special features, pros & cons.
Seeking.com in 30 seconds
- One of the most popular casual dating sites in the world, 40+ million members worldwide
- Works for people looking for all types of relationships, new experiences, friendships, and communication
- Plenty of special features, including video chatting
- The dating site has some features of social media sites, in particular, Vibes that work like Instagram stories
- Access to profiles is free and unlimited, and so is the advanced search
- Members who want to upgrade their accounts can choose between Premium and Diamond membership
- Only safe and widely used payment methods are offered
- Female users can send messages for free
- Plenty of ways to verify accounts, the highest number of verified users compared to other dating sites
- Official Seeking dating app is available to mobile users
What is Seeking?
, formerly known as Seeking Arrangement, is now a mainstream dating site that has attracted a crazy number of users from 130 countries since its launch in 2006. Now the platform has 40+ million registered members and provides an easy-to-use messenger, as well as some other great services, suitable for long and exciting communication.
You can get what you need there, no matter what you want to find, flirting, casual dates, or serious relationships. There are a lot of important other aspects to consider before you decide to join or not to join the community, and we’ll pay enough attention to all of them in our Seeking.com review.
Overall Seeking.com rating
Who is Seeking.com for and not for?
- People who’d like to access the best dating pool and meet tens of millions of singles seeking different types of romantic relationships
- Users who want to use innovative dating sites with special features like video chat and open-minded communities
- Those who prefer to pay a fixed monthly price instead of buying credits to use all the premium services
- Male users looking for a completely free or a cheap online dating site
- Those who are looking to meet a sugar baby or a sugar daddy
- People looking for an incredibly easy-to-use dating app just with swiping and messaging features
Seeking pros & cons
Let’s start our Seeking dating app review with the main pros and cons of using this particular website to find a perfect match.
- Free registration
- Works for straight, bisexual, and queer singles
- Fixed prices for premium plans
- Messaging is free for female users
- Video chat and Vibes
- Not that many price packages
- Most of the profiles are young people
- The site works best for Americans
For us, the pros definitely outweigh the cons. However, it’s highly subjective — the effectiveness of the dating website largely depends on your specific criteria, goals, and expectations. So take a look at the list once again, and if it seems that the website might work for you, just keep reading — you’ll find more detailed and useful information in our Seeking app review.
Seeking.com can be considered one of the luxury dating sites — though there are plenty of free features, all the best services are still available to paying members.
There are two subscription plans (namely Premium and Platinum), and the costs are as follows:
Everyone can create a Seeking account without paying, but that’s not all Standard members can do on the platform. All the users can also:
- Complete their profiles, add photos
- Add Vibes
- Send messages (messaging is free for women only)
- See who viewed and favorited them
- Use advanced search filters
- Use support services
- Access an unlimited number of profiles
- View other members’ Vibes
As you can see, there are plenty of things members can do on the dating site, but of course, Premium and Diamond users get a lot more than that.
If you decide to join this dating site and become a paying member, you’ll be also able to use a lot of special features, including the following ones:
- Start video chat
- Get ID verified (for a fixed price of $4.99)
- Send unlimited messages to other members
- Boost your profile to receive more messages as a premium user
- Get premium badge
- Enjoy ads-free experience
Basically, that’s another thing that distinguishes Seeking.com from other mainstream dating sites — it just offers more to those who buy Premium membership plans and lets them not only to send messages but also use special services like video chat and profile boost.
Who are the members?
|👥 Visits||9.2 million|
|🇺🇸 Most visited by||United States|
|⌛ Average age of female and male users||25 and 42 years old|
|🌐 Members activity||US, GB, Canada, Mexico|
How does Seeking.com work?
- Seeking works by connecting singles based not only on physical attraction but on their personality traits, interests, and expectations from a relationship
- Everyone can join the community for free and create a detailed profile
- The policy of the site doesn’t allow members with low-effort or obviously fake profiles to use certain features
- There’s no swiping but there’s the advanced search feature with multiple filters
- Members can make video calls and send gifts to each other
- Premium users get special badges to get more attention
If you were initially looking for Seeking Arrangement reviews and were going to upload a Seeking Arrangement app should know that now it’s— one of the traditional dating apps and sites that works for all singles, regardless of the type or relationship they are looking for.
It’s a luxury website where premium membership costs more than on other dating sites but gives you more opportunities to get that exciting experience and find only the best matches in the US and other countries of the world.
Everything is simple — you can join the platform without paying, and if you’re joining as a female member, you can even send free messages, but as a male user, you’ll need to upgrade your plan and use all the best features.
Signing up for Seeking.com
- Quick, easy, and free registration
- Only basic questions that make the search algorithms work
- Users can join as attractive members or successful members
- Email verification is required
- No payment details must be provided when creating an account
Undoubtedly, registration is an important part of our Seeking review, and there are a few things we’d like to emphasize. Every adult user can join the community and make the profile work, and there’s no need to provide any financial details when signing up.
From the very beginning, members can choose their status on the platform and identify themselves as attractive members or successful singles. The site works for straight, queer, and bisexual users, and you can indicate who’d you like to meet on the site.
Also, new members need to provide a valid email address, select the birth date, and then move on to more specific questions about their education, appearance, lifestyle, etc. Also, new users can connect their Seeking online dating account to accounts on other social media and networking sites.
Of course, adding a profile picture is possible and absolutely appreciated, but it must be approved by moderators. Note that low-effort and fake profiles just can’t stand the competition or are suspended on the site, so you don’t have to worry about Seeking scam.
Still, be careful when using any online dating platforms: there are always those who can trick the moderators.
Profile and pictures
No matter how many Seeking.com reviews you read, how much you know about the site, and how charming you are in online conversations with singles; you’ll hardly succeed without a good profile, and here are some tips that will help you become a popular member:
- Adding a profile picture is nearly a must—you’ll hardly receive any messages without it.
- Men need to add at least 2 photos to stand out on the site, while female users should add at least 5 pictures.
- Self-description is what makes personal pages stand out, so the more information you add the better.
All the preparations for successful online dating are made, and now it is time to share with you the ways you can interact with other users on this website.
Making contact on Seeking.com
- Messaging is free for female users
- Men need to buy a premium membership plan to initiate conversations
- Likes are free, and so is favoriting others
- Members can send gifts
- Video chat feature is available to paying users
Now, let’s move to the most important part of our Seeking dating site review—making contact on the platform. As we’ve noted previously, Seeking app and site obviously has an advantage over its competitors as it offers the widest variety of features compared to many other mainstream dating sites.
In particular, here, there’s a great online messenger, and ladies can use it for free. Also, paying members can make video calls which makes the platform more suitable for cross-cultural dating, too.
Those who don’t want to upgrade and just want to see if paying a pretty high Seeking cost makes sense can like others to let them know they’re interested in a conversation and see how many users message them first.
Seeking profiles: Customization and special features
- Very few fake profiles due to the strict moderation
- Members can make their photos public or private
- Most users provide enough information about themselves
- Access to profiles isn’t limited
- Only Seeking members can see the photos and information provided by users
You’ll hardly find any negative feedback from authors of Seeking reviews of any kinds that would be somehow related to profiles. Most personal pages on the site really look pretty good, and most importantly, they provide you with all the information you may need to find someone attractive and start satisfying and honest relationships.
There are public and private photos — women can view both types of pictures while men need to request access to secret albums. All the most important details from education to relationship goals can be found in the Info section, and the most interesting information is usually provided by members themselves in their unique and creative self-descriptions.
User design and interface
Though this is not the most important part of ourreview, we still believe that usability matters, especially if you’re going to spend months on the website searching for a perfect match. So, what about this particular platform?
Seeking makes a good impression overall, but it doesn’t offer anything extraordinary. The design is very minimalistic, gray and red are the main colors, but you don’t actually even notice that—there are no vivid accents, so you automatically focus on the functionality instead of the way the platform looks.
As for the interface, it’s great — even if you’ve never been using online dating platforms before, you’ll experience no difficulty on Seeking.com. All the main features, namely, Search, Interests, Messages, and Profile Upgrade, can be accessed from the top menu with just one click. You see a member’s status right on the Search Results page, and you can contact someone you like right away.
If you want to send a message, you need to browse a profile, which makes a lot of sense, and on a personal page, more features like Notes, Wish Lists, and messaging are available. Simply put, the website works well enough, and you don’t need to spend hours on research before you are able to use it.
Safety and privacy measures
- Members can verify their IDs, but it’s not free
- 3 more alternative ways to verify your profile are available
- Profiles are manually moderated
- Only safe payment methods are offered
- Members can connect their social media accounts
Seeking is one of the places where singles can enjoy a safe online dating experience. That’s one of the main things the team focuses on, and multiple ways to protect your privacy and get more attention on the website are offered to users.
Let’s start with verification — on Seeking, there are multiple ways to verify yourself. In particular, members can verify their IDs (it will cost you $4.99, but for many users, it’s obviously worth it), pass the background check, connect their social networking pages, and verify their photos.
Of course, the more checks you pass, the more people will contact you, so members who are really motivated to meet someone on the website prefer not to skip this step.
Also, the Seeking community doesn’t have to worry about privacy — non-registered members can’t see profiles either on the website or on search results. The company uses the best data encryption software, offers safe payment methods, and doesn’t have the right to disclose or sell members’ data to third-party organizations or individuals.
There were no data breaches or big scandals associated with this platform, so you can join Seeking without the fear of getting scammed or being deanonymized.
Success stories and user feedback from other sites
Though we always test the websites, get paid membership plans, and actually communicate with others on the platform we’re reviewing, we also realize that we can’t rely on our experience only. We read a lot of Seeking testimonials and reviews and chose a few that, in our opinion, best describe the experience you can have on the website.
|An old and reputable dating platform with over 9M monthly visits; works for people looking for all types of romantic relationships||A relatively new dating site with around 150 thousand monthly visits designed exclusively for successful and attractive singles looking for a mutually beneficial relationship|
|Members who want to use premium features can buy monthly premium plans, and the prices are higher compared to most other websites||Members who want to use premium features can buy credits and spend them on unlocking conversations or private albums; the prices are medium|
|There are many special communication features including Vibes and video chat||Messaging is the main communication feature on the website|
|Multiple ways to verify an account and get more attention on the website, including ID verification, photo verification, and background check||Video verification is what makes the website stand out, members must say a code phrase, and a verification video can be viewed by all registered members|
|Android mobile app is available, iOS users can use the mobile version of the website||No mobile apps but the website is mobile-optimized|
|Free advanced search with multiple useful features||Free advanced search with multiple useful features|
So, is Seeking.com legit? Yes, it is. Moreover, it has transformed into one of the best websites for people looking for all types of relationships and is now the most popular casual dating platform.
There are Vibes that make the experience more fun, there’s video chat for those who want to build an emotional connection – Seeking has pretty much everything to attract millions of singles worldwide.
Top Seeking competitors and alternatives
What is Seeking.com? First and foremost, it’s one of the luxury online dating websites that work for all categories of singles. However, it doesn’t mean that literally everyone will like it — after all, every user has their own specific criteria and expectations, and if for some reason, Seeking doesn’t work for you, take a look at some great alternatives that we’ve chosen for you.
Video: Seeking review
Seeking is a legitimate online dating platform founded in 2006. Over the years, it has become a luxury dating site with over 40 million members across 130+ countries. Its strict verification process and adherence to safe dating guidelines make us believe it’s a legit service. You can read Seeking dating site reviews, including our review, to learn more about the platform.
The average age for a successful member is between 38 and 42, while attractive members are usually under 35. There are no precise numbers, but around 15% of Seeking members are over 55.
Seeking is free for attractive members looking for successful partners. However, women need to complete their profiles, go through verification, and upload a public photo to get access to all communication features. Please keep in mind that the verification process can take a few days.
You can deactivate or delete your profile via the website or mobile app. To do that, log into your account, and click on the Settings menu tab. Once you follow through to the “Deactivate or Delete Account” tab, choose and confirm the preferred option. If you deactivate your profile, other users won’t be able to find it via search or view it. If you delete your profile, it will be removed from the platform, and you’ll need to start from scratch if you later decide to return to Seeking.
Unfortunately, there’s no such thing as Seeking free messages, unless you’re a female user who has already passed all the checks and unlocked free messaging. On this website, members need to upgrade their accounts to be able to send and read messages from other users.
This is one of the best dating apps with the largest number of special features. In particular, members can add Vibes (like Stories on Instagram), use multiple special search filters, send messages, make video calls, become featured members, verify their profiles, and even take notes on other members.
It depends on what kind of experience you are looking for. If you’d like to use a safe dating website with more features than most other dating platforms usually have, make video calls, get more attention as a Featured member, or contact people who’ve already passed multiple verification checks, Seeking premium plans are worth paying for.
Yes, Seeking is available in most countries of the world, so it also works for people who’d like to date internationally. Nonetheless, it works best for users from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Mexico just because the platform has huge user bases in these countries.
No, you don’t have to provide your phone number when creating an account on this online dating platform. Only some basic information is required, and you are free to add more details to make your profile complete later.
It’s completely up to you. You don’t have to provide your real name when signing up, and most users on Seeking.com use nicknames.