Top Dating Sites & Apps in Alaska – Meet Alaska Singles Today
If you dream about dates under the Northern lights, Alaska singles should be your go-to. But the chances are high that you already know that Alaska dating is for you, and you are looking for the most effective way to start your dating journey. If you can’t wait and what to dive into online dating and find compatible singles, check out the top Alaska dating apps and sites.
The best dating sites and apps in Alaska
What makes these the best Alaska dating websites?
The best dating apps and dating sites in Alaska we picked for our rating are there because:
- They provide access to single people from the state globally
- They have a high number of members from Alaska and great monthly visits rates
- Both men and women can start dating on all of these dating apps for free
- All of them have convenient search for a great match, instant messaging features, and other ways to connect
- Users can enjoy affordable prices for paid services and premium subscriptions
We highly recommend trying several websites from the list to see which one can work perfectly for you. As registration is free and quick, you will not waste a lot of time trying.
Alaska singles and dating app statistics
What types of single people you can expect to meet on an Alaska dating site? Well, even though dating services don’t disclose exact types or even numbers, we noticed that dating statistics usually correlate with the state demographics. Here are the core statistics about Alaska people as of the most recent surveys.
- 47.6% female
- 52.4% male
Alaska singles by gender
- 54% of women
- 58% of men
Nationalities in Alaska
- Black or African Americans—3.6%
- American Indian and Native—15.7%
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islanders—1.6%
- Two or more races—7.9%
Extra Alaska dating statistics
- 93.1% of people in AK have a high school degree, which is above the USA average of 88.5%
- 30% have a Bachelor’s degree, a bit lower than the nationwide average of 32.9%
- 30% of women and 39% of men have never tied the knot
- 10% of men and 13% of women in Alaska are divorced
The popularity of online dating in Alaska
Our team studied Google Trends to find which cities have the most popular online dating topics.
The list of Alaska cities interested in online dating
Online dating in Alaska is quite popular, as the state is ranked 6th in the usage of dating apps. While there are so many local singles who want to find love online, we created a list of the best cities for new singles in Alaska.
It’s the largest city in Alaska, with a population of over 291,131. There are many people looking for all types of relationships, from long-term ones to casual dating and even international marriage. There are even niche dating sites Anchorage, Alaska, that were developed for people to meet singles specifically from this spot.
Anchorage is literally made for romantic dates and exploring trails to Portage Glacier or Tony Knowles Coastal, skiing at Alyeska Ski Area. Tons of cozy restaurants with jaw-dropping views are designed for exceptional romantic experiences. But you need to be quite outdoorsy, as the majority of couples in Anchorage prefer to have fun exploring nature and the world.
Another great place to look for a partner from Alaska. Fairbanks is the second largest city by population in the state, and using a dating app, you can find someone for a serious relationship, or just someone to chat with quite fast, as online dating is widely used by singles.
Another great thing about Fairbanks is nature and the number of interesting activities you can do as a couple. Can you imagine going on NorthernLights and Chena Hot Springs tour on the first date, that’s a date to remember.
If you are a part of the LGBTQ+ community, you should consider Juneau, home to the Southeast Alaska SEAGLA Alliance. It strongly supports LGBT families and holds many festivals, kickball leagues, karaoke nights, and picnics in the town for the community and, well, all the citizens.
Also, Juneau is known for its incredible wildlife. There are many opportunities for great romantic dates in Glacier Gardens Rainforests parks or relaxing resorts in the mountainous area. Or you can even go whale watching the Inside Passage of Juneau.
What is the dating scene in Alaska like?
There is a false misconception that dating in Alaska is very hard due to weather and less amount of people in general. But having fewer people might make things more difficult for some people, but dating in the state isn’t the same as in the last frontier.
- The dominant age group (around 43-44%) of singles is 18-29
- The average marriage age is 29 for men and 26 for women
- 62% of Alaskans are Christians, 6% a non-Christians, and 31% are non-religious
- The state ranks 12th in the number of lesbian couples
There’s even a saying about looking for a date in Alaska: “The odds are good, but the goods are odd.”
So, what unique challenges are there for singles looking to establish their love life in Alaska?
- Meeting new friends in the state is super easy, as people are always up for adventure and fun. But searching for a long-term relationship and commitment is harder, as people tend to be fiercely independent
- Many people from Alaska make money working in resorts and have seasonal jobs. It creates difficult schedules and making time to find love, and most importantly going on dates hard.
Despite the challenges, Alaskan couples find opportunities to build healthy relationships and happy families. And hardships make them value their unions more.
Key takeaways for Alaska singles
Summing up dating in the state we can say that it might come with difficulties, but it’s possible to find a woman or man who wants the same things in life and shares your interests. Here are the key takeaways you need to remember about Alaska singles dating:
- Getting off the right foot in looking for a match is through a specialized Alaska dating site that suits your dating goals. It’s one of the essential dating tips as getting a date online is a beloved way of Alaska singles.
- Pacific metro area in the state has the least married people, and therefore your chances of finding a single match are getting higher.
- Alaska state is the place for the most beautiful romantic dates in the world. Tutka Bay Lodge, Grandma’s Feather Bed,11th Avenue Bed and Breakfast, and Denali Fireside Cabins and Suites are perfect for a romantic gateway.
And here are a few things that you should know about people and life in Alaska:
- Unique fashion choices. You will rarely find an Alaskan woman walking in heels, as people from the state always prioritize comfort over style. Besides, flannel shirts are considered sexy!
- Alaskans love adventures. Stunning views call for it and local people love to have fun outdoors, which is one of the secrets of great figures.
- Most are ‘dog people’ and you are going to be too, as huskies and malamutes are almost everywhere. Dogs are actually welcomed everywhere.
- Common interests are hiking, skiing, and rock climbing.
- You need to be ready to try new things like Spam or reindeer sausages.
And, most importantly, Alaskans focus on spending time with family. They have a great sense of unity and will invite you over and introduce you to family members as they cherish you. Alaskans know how to live life to the fullest, which is why if you want the same, find a reliable dating service or app and create a profile out there to meet the right person.
Video: Dating in Alaska
Yes! If you sign up for Alaska dating app or site you can meet a ton of real people from the state. Registration is usually free and you need to use some basic info, an e-mail address, and a password to join any site that looks attractive to you. But some also require a phone number.
You can find the best dating apps in our list of top platforms. Consider your interest, location, and type of relationship you seek to join an app that can provide suitable matches.
if you are looking for a free platform for dating in the state, check out SecretBenefits. The platform has many verified accounts, a user-friendly layout, chat, and hidden albums with private photos.