7 Best Dating Apps & Sites in Germany – Meet German Singles Online
Germany is one of the leading European countries with the second-largest population of 84 million people. This country is associated with stability, law obedience, and Oktoberfest with tons of beer.
But is this all Germans are about, and what does German dating look like? The fact is that 63.6 million visits to German dating sites were recorded in 2022. We decided to make a list of the best dating sites suitable for finding singles in Germany.
The registration is simple and quick on this particular site, and most female users are verified, which is marked by a blue tick. You can search for profiles by using basic filters of age, location, and gender as well as talk via chat and emails.
Features we liked:
- One of the free dating sites in English with paid options
- Low chances to meet fake profiles
- Regular notifications about members’ activity
- Helpful customer support
We can call BravoDate the best Germany dating site as it has more even distribution of age groups compared to other dating platforms—16-21% of each. There’s no popular dating app, but you may use it in all mobile browsers with no trouble at all.
There are no problems with registration and filling out the profile, but you should pass a short personality test for better chances of finding the right German women or men.
So don’t delay creating an account! You can purchase a premium membership for just $2.99 and start communicating with hot German singles right away.
The navigation on the platform, search for matches, profile views, and likes are free. Besides, you may treat women with virtual gifts and view secret albums after the first contact.
Features we liked:
- Outstanding matchmaking algorithm
- Free version with numerous tools
- Free in-mail photo attachment
- An extensive list of users from Germany
- Fair prices for services
TheLuckyDate is the site with the world’s biggest community of females ready for different kinds of connections, including serious relationships. It is really popular among men, as the male to female ratio is 73% to 26%. Its responsive interface is suitable for desktop and mobile use. The search process is entertaining due to the “swipe-like” system, and communication is easy with the built-in chat and emails.
TheLuckyDate is an exciting place for European dating. Pass a quick personality test and find a perfect match today.
Features we liked:
- Many girls that initiate contact first
- Search with basic filters
- The People matching tool is free
- Combining the functions of social networks and dating sites
AmourFactory is completely free to register and search for German singles. It is the most popular German dating site in America, with almost 80% of the audience being from the US. The website offers many opportunities for communication, like chatting, writing letters, sending gifts, etc.
Female profiles are the main attraction for users. Men may visit them for free, view public photos, and watch videos. In spite of the absence of video chat, you may share photos and videos during the conversation in the chat and emails.
Additionally, if a male user initiates contact with a woman, he may view all her private photos. Prices start at $2.99 per 20 credits.
So if you’re interested to try out online dating services on AmourFactory, create an account, get 20 bonus credits for free, and start perusing!
Features we liked:
- Built-in live chat with many communication tools
- 70% off on the first credit purchase
- Decent girls’ profiles
- Comfortable mobile version of the website
- Fast sign-up process
JollyRomance is one of the niche dating sites in Germany that has traffic of more than 419K visits per month. Search for girls, view photos and posts, and read messages as a free member. You can easily find users with similar interests, as you can learn about them from the profile bios that are detailed and well-organized.
Its credit-based system and transparent prices set it apart from its competitors. The starting price is $9.99 for 20 credits, and you don’t end up paying for days when you’re not on the website – you just pay for the credits you can use whenever.
So go ahead and sign up for this partially free dating site in Germany and find a partner – don’t forget you’ll get free 20 credits immediately after creating the profile.
Features we liked:
- Dating app
- Profound matching algorithms
- Access to deep analysis of your and other users’ personalities
- Free tools for initiating the first contact
- Helpful tutorials on how to use the site
Parship is in the top 5 list of German dating sites for finding online relationships. It’s no wonder as it has a million users and 97% of them are from Germany. Besides, it has an excellent dating app that allows you to search for people in your location.
Despite its free registration, it is more of a paid dating site than a free one, as communication, a full list of members, and users’ photos are available only with a premium membership. Subscriptions start at 6 months, for the price of €54.90 (about $59) per month—but you can use the 50% discount to save.
But if you create an account, you get great chances to meet someone special, as you will know their personality and the percentage of your matching. So don’t waste time and sign up on the website, or look for it among other German dating apps.
Features we liked:
- Decent security system
- Opportunities for searching gay and lesbian singles
- Face-to-face conversations with video calls
- Hidden and Select modes for more privacy
LoveScout24 is a dating app for young singles between the age of 25-35 that want to find a partner online for further communication in reality. What is more, it is one of the paid dating sites in Germany that offer a search for singles within your location. Casual dating, flirting, making friends, or serious relationship are possible on this Germany dating app.
Being a free user won’t get you much: you’ll be able to view a daily selection of profiles and chat with premium users if they contact you first. However, you won’t be able to initiate conversations or have access to video conversations.
So purchase the best suitable 1-month premium membership for €19.90 ($21.49) or €39.90 ($43.09) to get the best experience on LoveScout24.
Features we liked:
- Video chat and calls are available on the mobile dating app
- Vast selection of users with detailed profiles
- A comprehensive personality guide for each member
- Convenient built-in chat
- Distance filter for local searches
eDarling is one of the best German dating apps for local online dating with opportunities to meet for real. Although downloading the app and registering an account is free, most services are available only to subscribed members. Free users may pass the personality test, look for a potential partner online, see the activity on their profile, and send likes.
But access to communication, user photos, and the full catalog of users requires a 3, 6, or 12-month premium subscription. Fortunately, it is one of the paid dating apps that offer affordable packages starting from €49.90 ($53.89) per three-month membership.
Don’t hesitate to use eDarling, as its matchmaking system is one of the best on the market, so you will definitely find a special connection here.
Why we chose these platforms
You may wonder why we added these platforms to the list of German dating sites and apps. As dating experts with a profound background, we know a lot about the quality and effectiveness of online platforms.
The main criteria for our analysis are as follows:
- Number of singles in Germany. The main factor that brings success in online dating is the choice of potential matches on the dating website. These are the best dating sites because they have vast catalogs of female and male profiles from Germany and users from other countries.
- Average age. In Germany, the majority of unmarried people are aged 25–35 years, so we analyzed the dating pool of many dating apps and chose the platforms that offer a great selection of members in this age group.
- Availability of various communication tools. German dating websites that we reviewed provide comfortable communication via live chats, email, and face-to-face video conversations with other users.
- Price of premium membership. The majority of free dating apps have paid communication, so we take into account the affordability of prices. All the sites in the list have similar prices for their premium services.
- Diversity of relationship opportunities. We gathered the best dating sites for different dating purposes. You can use them to find casual meetings, long-distance online communication, and serious relationships with the possibility of marriage.
These are the reasons why the dating websites above are perfect for searching for someone from Germany to find love.
Meeting singles in Germany online vs offline
Germany is a democratic country in all aspects, including the dating process. Online and offline dating provides equal opportunities to succeed or lose in love life. So what are the pros and cons of these dating methods?
|Online dating||Offline dating|
|Fast access to people ready for relationships||There is a possibility to meet someone with a fake profile||It is easy to communicate in real life due to non-verbal signs and emotional expressions||You have to spend time planning and organizing dates|
|Opportunity to look for the traits of an ideal partner online||Regular use of dating apps may be costly||You can realize faster if there is a spark||It can be expensive to meet in real life, especially if you do not live in Germany|
|The dating process takes place in the comfort of your home or wherever you are||It is challenging to build a proper emotional connection||Physical contacts play an essential role in offline dating|
|The search process for perfect matches is quick||Relationship development is more dynamic|
|Transparency about dating intentions|
Well, we believe that these are the main benefits and drawbacks of both types of dating process in general and in Germany in particular.
What is the dating culture in Germany like?
According to the statistics, 36.5 million people in Germany are single, so there are many possibilities for dating in this region. Generally, the dating culture in Germany is similar to that of other European countries.
It is covered with several stereotypes about pragmatism and restraint in relationships, but still, there are several peculiarities in relationships in Germany:
- The majority of singles are at the age of 20–35 years, while people 45+ are usually married.
- Traditionally, people start dating in high school, but there is no trend toward early marriages. The average age for marriage is 34.8 for males and 32.3 for females.
- Many people are family-oriented and look for partners among friends and family. They appreciate their comfort zone, so often friends become couples.
- International relationships are common, as over 13 million people from other countries live here. Overall, over 42 thousand marriages in Germany with foreigners, including same-sex couples.
- Online dating is one of the primary ways to meet singles in Germany. People of all ages, including 50–64 years, use dating app services.
- Punctuality is critical. Germans don’t like to be late or wait for anything, and dating is no exception. Usually, a date is planned in advance, so canceling or delaying it can be considered an insult.
In general, Germans are direct and not very romantic, but they show their attitude through actions and care. So don’t expect regular dates with candles and surprises, but be sure that you will get support if something goes wrong.
Our editors’ conclusion
Although some may consider Germans to be snobs, we think singles in Germany are very active daters, and they like to hang out and meet new people. It is possible to find a partner for flirting, casual communication, or a serious relationship both offline and online.
The vast selection of the most popular dating sites and apps in Germany, as well as millions of users of all ages, make it possible to find someone special from this country online. All websites in our list are suitable for this purpose. Most of them have free versions you can try out before you commit to a subscription.
If you still are not sure if it is worth starting here, just sign up for the top German dating sites or best dating apps and figure it out by yourself.
Video: Video: What German girls like in a guy
JollyRomance is the best dating site in Germany because it is the largest international dating app with many ladies from Europe, Latin America, Asia, and other regions. It is simple to use and has a pleasant interface. Communication is convenient due to a credit-based system, and you pay money only when you use this big dating site.
Tinder is the second most popular dating app in Germany, with easily over a million users. Generally, 36% of singles in Germany use this dating app for meeting like-minded people, hookups, and romantic affairs. People like its “swipe or like” algorithm that ease the searching process.
In general, it depends on a man’s age. Young guys tend to share the bill with the lady because of the lack of cash. Older men usually pay the bill as they have a job, and they are the ones who typically initiate dates. Also, because of gender equality, women usually propose to share a bill with men.