Top Dating Sites & Apps in Alabama – Meet Alabama Singles Today
Alabama is not only the birthplace of American Mardi Gras, the best state for college football, and the largest national producer of peanuts, but it’s also one of the most underappreciated states when it comes to romance. Alabama dating and marriage are surrounded by so many ridiculous rumors and misconceptions that it’s our duty to dispel the myths and share the truth about locals and the best dating sites Alabama offers.
Most popular dating sites & apps in Alabama
What makes these the best Alabama dating sites?
Should you try these platforms or go with free dating sites in Alabama? First, let’s go over the benefits these Alabama dating sites offer to see if they can sway your opinion. With any of the platforms on our list, you will:
- Create an account, learn the basics, and start chatting with local singles within minutes, as each dating site makes it easy to sign up and make the first connections.
- Get in touch with thousands of Alabama singles who are upfront about their dating goals, whether they are seeking hookups, casual dating, or serious relationships.
- Learn everything there is to know about single men and women you wish to chat with, thanks to their detailed profiles, complete with photos and videos.
- Find many suitable matches thanks to flexible search filters or intuitive matching features that adjust recommendations to your preferences.
- Get to create an account, browse profiles, and test most premium features for free before deciding if it’s worth the expense.
- Have a comfortable dating experience, even if you’re new to online dating, and have the option to chat with your potential partners on any device, thanks to mobile-friendly site versions and apps.
You don’t have to choose the most popular dating site in Alabama to improve your likelihood of meeting your partner. Instead, pick a platform that makes you comfortable and give it a try.
Alabama singles and dating site statistics
If you are planning to find your perfect match in Alabama and looking for dating sites and opportunities to meet singles from this state, read on. You will find these statistics useful to understand the Alabama dating scene better.
- 96 people per square mile
- The median age is 39.2
- 51.4% of women in Alabama
- 48.6% of men in Alabama
- 54% of women in Alabama are single
- 50% of men in Alabama are single
- The percentages include those who are divorced, widowed, and never married
- 5.74% are college-age (18-21 years old)
- 23.1% are younger adults (22-39 years old)
- 33% are older adults (40-64 years old)
- 15.3% are seniors (over 65 years old)
- 87.4% of people over 25 in Alabama are high school graduates or higher
- 26.7% hold Bachelor’s degrees or higher in the same age group
Sources: Census.gov, Statistic Atlas
The list of Alabama cities interested in online dating
Competition isn’t very stiff on dating sites in Alabama. After all, local cities aren’t really made for romance and courting. Still, a few made it to the national ranking. So let’s take a look at what makes them stand out.
Huntsville is only the fourth-largest city in Alabama, with a population of around 188K, but it’s the best in the state for dating, though it holds 92nd place in the national ranking. While the dating opportunities for singles in Alabama aren’t too great, the city makes up for it in the financial department. The costs of dating and cohabitation are pretty affordable, and there are plenty of exciting places to meet singles, like “Lone Goose,” the rock climbing gym, or one of the many local breweries.
The largest city in the state with a population of over 212K, Birmingham is the second in the romance rating, though it’s only 122nd in the US. Just like Huntsville, Birmingham isn’t big on entertainment options and dating opportunities, but it makes up for the low numbers thanks to a reasonable score in dating economics.
The third-largest Alabaman city, with a population of 193K, follows the overall trend. Third best in the state, it holds the 163rd position out of 182 nationwide, which isn’t promising. And just like the other cities, its best scores lie in finances, whereas dating opportunities and entertainment offerings are somewhat limited.
What is the dating scene in Alabama like?
When it comes to dating, Alabama isn’t much different from other Southern states, though the local geography and history affect relationships and families. You may be surprised to learn that:
- Alabama was ranked 42nd among the most romantic states in the US, having lost four points between 2021 and 2023. Although the state holds 20th place in dating economics, it rates in the 40s in dating opportunities, romance, and fun.
- According to surveys, Match is considered the best dating app in Alabama. However, Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge are also among the most well-liked Alabama dating apps,
- The average age at first marriage is 26.1 for women and 27.8 for men, which is a couple of years below average for the US (28.6 for women and 30.6 for men).
- Most Alabamans marry their high school or college sweethearts. Loyalty and dedication are among the key traits among locals, so it’s no wonder they fall in love for life and rarely steer astray. So it may be challenging to meet Alabama singles in their 30s and 40s.
As you can see, using an Alabama dating site is equally likely to result in a successful relationship as trying to meet locals in person. We encourage you to try it both ways and choose the method that works best for you.
Key takeaways for Alabama singles
If you’re eager to beat the odds and find love in Alabama despite the unencouraging statistics, the locals won’t disappoint you. Alabaman character is truly unique and makes locals perfect partners for a long-term relationship. Here are a few pieces of evidence to prove it:
- Alabama stays true to traditional family values. Local men are real-life Southern gentlemen now only seen in old movies, and local ladies are excellent cooks and caretakers. And they all have that warm Southern drawl that’s sexier than a British accent.
- Alabamans are happy to get dirty with you. Locals love the great outdoors and will take hiking, ATV riding, or climbing over a candlelit dinner any day of the week.
- College football takes an all-new meaning in Alabama. No one can stay neutral when the football season rolls in, so be ready to hear “Roll Tide” and “War Eagle” and join in on the fun.
- Church means a lot to most people in Alabama. Locals are pretty religious, so you’d have better luck meeting someone for a long-term relationship on sites like Christian Mingle than on a hookup site.
- Alabamans have impressive social networks. That Southern charm means locals are nice and curious, happy to meet new people and make friends, and their extended families are huge. So don’t be surprised when the whole city knows everything about your date the next morning.
If that sounds exactly like what you’re looking for in a partner, you’ll love dating in Alabama, whether you choose offline or online dating.
Video: Dating in Alabama
A dinner for two with a bottle of wine and two movie tickets will cost only $87.93, which is the 18th lowest among the US states, with the country average at $102.32. The numbers aren’t that surprising if you remember that the state has the second-fewest entertainment and art establishments in the country.
According to 2023 research, Alabama is in 20th place regarding dating economics, but the state’s overall dating performance put it in 42nd place among 50 states. Although locals have better odds of starting serious relationships than singles in Arkansas or West Virginia, it’s alarming that Alabama lost four places in two years.
SecretBenefits is at the top of the most popular dating apps list, thanks to an impressive number of single women and men seeking new relationships, as well as diverse communication tools and thorough verification procedures that ensure compatible matches are as safe as possible.