SakuraDate Site Review: Is It Legit?
|Price||35 credits — $12.99 ($2.99 for new members)|
50 credits — $19
100 credits — $33
250 credits — $75
400 credits — $100
1,000 credits — $200
|Male to female ratio||68% male, 32% female|
|Good for||Serious relationships|
Mail-order bride dating
|Mobile app||No, but the website is mobile-friendly|
New niche dating sites aimed at connecting American men and singles from other countries with Asian users are launched pretty often, but not all of those new dating platforms have something good to offer to a user.
SakuraDate is a new online dating site, and it seemed pretty promising, so we decided to create an account and see who the members are, what features are offered, and how much you’re going to pay to use them. Now, we’re ready to share the results. If you’re going to use the website, read this SakuraDate review first.
What is SakuraDate?
is a freemium online dating platform created for Asian singles and foreign men, most of whom are from the US, the UK, Canada, and Australia. The vast majority of members are looking for serious relationships. SakuraDate can also be used as an Asian mail-order bride site.
Overall SakuraDate rating
SakuraDate: Pros & cons
- The user base is growing by more than 100% monthly
- Extensive communication features with live chat, letters, and more
- Profiles of nearly all Asian girls are very detailed
- Transparent prices, no hidden costs
- No need to pay during or right after signing up
- There’s video messaging, but no video chat feature
- The only way to reach the support team is to fill in the form on the website
- There’s no free unlimited messaging
- No SakuraDate app, but the website is mobile-friendly
So, is SakuraDate.com legit? Yes, it has real members, some good features, and multiple advantages. However, it has its cons, too, so if you have doubts and want to learn more about the platform, keep reading this SakuraDate review. We explain all important processes and share all our experience below.
Sakura Date in 30 seconds
- The website is designed for singles seeking long-term & meaningful relationships
- Connects Asian women with men from the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and other countries
- Free registration, free and unlimited access to profiles
- Members pay for using certain communication features
- Both Letters and instant messaging are available
- Audio and video messaging are offered, too
- Credits (a kind of virtual currency) are offered instead of premium membership plans
- No mobile app but the platform is mobile-friendly
Who is SakuraDate for and not for?
- People who’d like to date globally
- Men looking for girlfriends and future wives in Asia
- Users who wouldn’t mind joining a premium website to use special features
- Users looking for local matches
- Singles who’d like to use a completely free website
- People looking for casual encounters only
As we’ve noted previously, SakuraDate isn’t a completely free website. Like many other dating sites in this segment of the market, it has both free and premium features. So, how much does using SakuraDate cost? Now, the prices for the main credit packages are as follows:
So, the more credits you buy, the cheaper they get. Note that you don’t have to buy credits right away—we’d recommend learning more about this Asian dating website first, testing premium services, and learning everything about prices. That’s how you can develop your strategy and plan a budget accordingly.
Can a free user have a great online dating experience? It’s hard to say so considering that most communication features are premium-based. However, there are some free features that let you understand how the system works, namely:
- Registration and editing of the profile. Registration is free for all users, and every new member can create a competitive profile without paying.
- All types of search. Search filters, as well as the swiping “Like” feature, can be used by all members without any limits or restrictions.
- Access to profiles. You can browse as many profiles as you want to, and most photos there will be public photos, which means you’ll be able to view them for free.
- Likes and favorites. If you want someone attractive to get notified that you’re interested, these might be pretty helpful tools.
- Customer support. Support is available around the clock, and the team works pretty well, so you don’t have to wait for the response for more than a few hours.
There are not so many SakuraDate reviews to learn more information about the website, but everyone can just join the SakuraDate community and see what they can get for money—the free version of the platform lets you do it easily.
After we upgraded our SakuraDate account, we unlocked the following features:
- Live chat. This was our favorite SakuraDate feature. There are many active members, and many women we’ve contacted were online pretty often, so we could have conversations in real time.
- Letters. Letters will be more effective for those who prefer long emails.
- Audio messages & video messages. Regardless of what you choose, Letters or live chat, you’ll be able to exchange video and audio messages with your potential match.
- Saying Hello. If you don’t know what to say in your first message, you can just choose a template and get the conversation started.
So, there are enough features to meet someone, chat a bit, get to know each other a bit better, and keep building an emotional connection online.
Who are the members?
|🇺🇸 Most visited by||United States|
|⌛ Average age of female and male users||29 for women, 48 for men|
|🌐 Members activity||Philippines, US, UK, Canada|
How does SakuraDate work?
SakuraDate is a niche site, which means it works only for specific categories of users—Asian women seeking serious relationships and men seeking serious relationships with Asian singles. Registration is free for all, but we found out it’s more complex for ladies who need to verify their accounts, add multiple photos, and write detailed descriptions.
Though we couldn’t create a female profile due to location restrictions, we also can assume that messaging is partially or completely free for ladies. This is a frequently used scheme that allows online dating platforms to attract more female members.
As for the rest, everything is pretty simple. People meet here, chat, and decide whether they could be each other’s perfect matches. The rest depend on them. SakuraDate doesn’t arrange trips to Asian countries or provide any other services besides online dating services.
Signing up for SakuraDate
- Registration is free
- Men can join the site without uploading a photo
- Requirements are likely to be much stricter for women
- No need to share financial information, real address, or a phone number
As male users, we could set up an account in less than three minutes. There’s the registration form on the main page of the official SakuraDate.com website, and all we had to do was fill it in. After we provided the necessary information, namely, the name, date of birth, email address (must be valid—you’ll need to confirm it later), and gender, we could create an account and access the website.
Profiles & pictures
Though registration doesn’t take much time, there’s work every newcomer needs to do to get enough attention on the site:
- Add at least 5 high-quality photos—that’s the necessary minimum to stand out from the competition.
- Focus on the About Me & Look For self-descriptions—use them to let others know who you are and what you are looking for.
- Go to Profile Settings and add all the details—these are also search filters, so ensure that a woman looking for a man like you will be able to find you easily.
User interface & design
Though design isn’t usually the main topic of Sakura Date reviews, we believe that we shouldn’t underestimate the importance of user experience. The site has a user-friendly interface—everything is intuitive, and all the main features are accessible from the main menu.
The mobile version is actually even more convenient than the desktop version, so if you’re a mobile user, you’ll have an even better experience. The only problem with SakuraDate is the pop-ups that many members can find pretty annoying, but as for the rest, it’s a modern and user-friendly website overall.
Making contact on SakuraDate
- Members get notified about Likes & Favorites
- Users choose between Letters & instant messaging
- Everyone can exchange photos & videos
- The Say Hello feature lets you send first messages effortlessly
The SakuraDate community is rather active, so the response rate is high—if you create a good profile, of course. We experienced no difficulty with contacting ladies; as we’ve noted previously, the website is pretty intuitive, and you can see your Letters and chats on the main menu.
You can also start conversations for nearly every page of the site: when looking through profiles on the Search Results page, when using the Like feature, and from a personal profile.
SakuraDate profiles: Customization and special features
- Everyone can edit a profile for free
- Members can add as many photos as they want to
- There are two main sections on profiles: About Me & Looking for
Profiles on the website are pretty detailed. That’s explained by a few main reasons—good moderation, high motivation of members to find their perfect matches, and inability to stand out from other members without a good profile.
Members can add photos and details—from body type and occupation to marital status and purpose of using the website—just like on other sites. However, what we liked about SakuraDate is that everyone can describe themselves in a short bio and explain their relationship expectations in the Looking For section.
|A platform for people seeking serious relationships only||A dating site for all Asian women and men who’d like to meet them|
|Letters & live chat are the main communication features||Mails & live chat are the main communication features|
|No gift delivery or virtual gifts for now||Gift exchange is offered|
There are not so many Sakura Date reviews, so we hope we’ve created a guide that will help you understand what SakuraDate.com is like before you join it. We’d recommend this dating site but only to users who’d like to meet long-term Asian girlfriends or wives. Otherwise, other dating platforms may work better.
SakuraDate is a niche site with advanced premium features, high-quality profiles, and members seeking serious relationships. If that’s what you were looking for, you may have a great experience here.
Video: Dating Asian women
Top SakuraDate competitors & alternatives
SakuraDate is the site where someone can find their perfect match easily, but it doesn’t mean it has no drawbacks. If you realize that it doesn’t meet some of your important criteria, you may consider choosing another online dating platform, and here are our top picks from the same category of Asian dating sites.
Yes, it’s a legit rapidly growing Asian dating site with many members, advanced features, and good profiles. If you need more information on the platform, you can learn it from our SakuraDate review.
Yes, SakuraDate is available worldwide, but access for female members may be restricted as the platform accepts women from Asian countries only.
Go to My Profile, scroll down the page, find the “Delete your profile” button, click on it, and follow further instructions.