Top Texas Dating Sites & Apps – Meet Texas Singles Now
Texas, the 2nd largest state, is where everything, including the dating scene, is big! It provides an abundance of opportunities to meet singles in Texas and even find your perfect match.
Whether you’re a cowboy or a cowgirl, a city slicker or a suburbanite—Texas has a diverse dating culture with a wide choice of dating apps and sites to pick from. We are here to explore the best dating sites in Texas, so you can start looking for the best dates right now—saddle up and prepare to meet singles!
Most Popular Dating Sites & Apps to Find Love in The Lone Star State
- Large dating pool for Texas singles, millions of users in the US
- Special features to get more attention on the site
- Modern website with polished design
- Works pretty much for all categories of singles
- Virtual gifts
- No free messaging
- Some features like virtual gifts cost extra coins
- No video chat
- Not all users verify their accounts
- Extensive personality test
- You can see your compatibility score with all the matches
- Members can view other user’s personality test results
- Have You Met swiping feature
- Premium plans aren’t cheap
- No free trial
- No video chat
- Photos remain blurred until you pay for premium
- Perfect for older singles who’d like to date peers
- Lots of suggested matches
- Compatibility scores right on each profile picture
- Convenient online messaging
- High response rate, active community
- There are no age restrictions for joining the site
- No video chat
- No free unlimited messaging
- The registration process is rather long because of the test
What makes these the best Texas dating sites?
Choosing our top TX sites and apps, we don’t take someone’s word for it but test all the platforms ourselves and choose the dating apps and sites based on the following features:
- Big and diversified user base with many singles, specifically from Texas
- Effective matching algorithms and availability of advanced search
- An interface that is easy to navigate and mobile-friendly
- Strict member guidelines and moderation for optimal safety and security of members
- Variety of communication ways
- Reasonable price for premium features
Combining these characteristics can help people choose compatible partners, stay safe, and have a positive dating experience.
Texas singles and dating site statistics
Although no best Texas dating app releases specific figures and data about its user base, we can get a sense of the types of folks you might meet in the Lone Star State by looking at the state’s demographics. These facts on Texas singles are based on the most recent Census data.
- 111.6 people per square mile
- The median age in Texas is 34.4 years (compared to the average of 37.8 nationally)
Population in Texas by gender
- 50.1% of females in Texas
- 49.9% of males in Texas
Overall singles by gender
Here are the statistics of the dating pool in Texas based on relationship status and gender:
- Never Married: 29% of women and 35% of men
- Married: 48% of women and 51% of men
- Separated/Divorced: 15% of women and 11% of men
- Widowed: 8% of women and 2% of men
Population in Texas by age
Here is the division of Texas people by age according to the Statista survey in 2021:
- 7.2% aged from 15-19 years old
- 6.8% aged from 20-24 years old
- 14.4% aged from 25-34 years old
- 14% aged from 35-44 years old
- 12.3% aged from 45-54% years old
- 5.7% aged from 55-59% years old
- 18.6% aged 60 years and older crowd
Households with the Internet in TX
- 86.9% of households in Texas have Internet
Additional stats and facts
- 84.8% of people in Texas are high school grads or higher
- 31.5% of people in TX have a Bachelor’s or higher degree
The popularity of online dating in Texas
Our team studied Google Trends to find which cities have the most popular online dating topics.
Texas cities interested in online dating
Our team recently explored the current data for the best cities for dating in the US in numerous communities to see which areas have the most interest in online dating in Texas. And here is what we’ve found:
Austin-San Marcos emerged as the most popular in the US. It outranked the next-best city in Texas, Fort Worth-Arlington, by 30 positions. Nevertheless, bear in mind that just because your location isn’t on this list doesn’t imply you won’t be able to meet singles on the best dating sites and dating apps.
These rankings solely represent the places where Texas singles are now looking for matches on the best free dating sites and apps. Remember, regardless matter where you are, it just takes one match to change your single life for the better.
What is the dating scene in Texas like?
Because Texas is a huge and diverse state, the dating scene varies based on a particular city. There are different categories of singles you can meet on dating sites in Texas.
Here is a sneak peek into the Texas dating pool:
- People looking for a serious relationship or a long-term partner—according to the statistics, on average, Texans have 17.5 years of marriage bliss and a well-being score of 35, which is a bit above the average.
- Christian singles that are interested just in serious relationships—75.5% of Texas people are Christians, so meeting a like-minded partner who shares the same religion won’t be a problem. Also, there are specialized dating apps in Texas for Christians.
- Singles searching for casual dates on a hookup site—Houston, TX, ranked 8th easiest US city to get laid, as well as Dallas, TX, appeared in the 10th place, indicating that many people in the area are into casual dates and hookups. So, if that’s something right up your alley, finding a potential partner won’t be a challenge.
- Girls and guys searching for elite singles—various mutually beneficial arrangements are also popular among single men and girls. Two big cities, Dallas and Houston, got into the top 10 US cities for sugar daddy dating in 2022.
In general, dating in Texas is laid-back and fun. The majority of Texans are easygoing and social, which makes meeting new people and making connections simpler. In addition, hiking, camping, and fishing are popular outdoor activities in Texas, and they can make excellent first dates.
Cities such as Houston, Austin, and Dallas offer thriving nightlife scenes with a diverse selection of pubs, clubs, and restaurants. Some towns also feature a high concentration of young professionals, which can make dating easier for individuals looking for long-term relationships.
Texas is also known for its religious and conservative values, which might impact the dating environment. So, many Texans value family and conventional gender roles, which may influence dating expectations and desires.
As you can see, people are interested in all kinds of relationships in Texas. Therefore, using specialized dating apps in Texas, you’ll find many compatible singles, new friends, or even true love.
Key takeaways for Texas singles
Here are a few more facts about potential matches and dating life in Texas that are must-know if you are interested in a real relationship in the state:
- TX ranked the 4th best state for singles nationwide.
- According to Census, 77.9% of people in the state are white (40% are Hispanic and Latino), 13.2% are black, 5.5% are Asian, and the rest are American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, and other Pacific Islanders.
- The easiest way to meet TX singles is via a dating site or dating app, as 46% of people in the US use a dating service to meet the right person.
- The average household income in Texas is $63,826, which is above the average of $44,225.
Also, it’s worth mentioning that dating norms can vary greatly from state to state and even within states. These are some differences between dating in Texas and dating in other states in the US that are worth knowing before starting to search for compatible matches on the best dating site in TX:
- Traditional gender norms are commonly emphasized in the state, expecting males to be courteous and pay for outings. And ladies are likely to be more feminine and modest.
- Texas values family, and a lot of Texans place high importance on close ties to their families. As a result, compared to other states, family meetings could be more frequent and start sooner in the dating process.
- Texans are active users of various online platforms, and Tinder Gold is not your only option. They usually pick the best site or dating app depending on their goals, benefit from free trials, contact other users, use video chat, and don’t take long to move to IRL dates.
- Texans’ dating tastes can be interpreted as a reflection of their state pride and sense of individuality. Therefore, they might emphasize finding a mate who fits their lifestyle and focus on seeking someone who shares their ideals and passions.
Texas is a good option for singles with various goals, intentions, interests, and beliefs. If you want to meet real singles from the TX area, join the best dating site and find a match among the diverse pool of active users.
The cost of a Texas date varies a lot depending on the activity you decide to do, your location, and your personal preferences and wants. A simple date, such as coffee or cocktails, can cost between $30 per person, whereas a more extensive date, such as a dinner date at a restaurant or a concert, might cost between even $200+ per person.
Yes. Texas is good for dating and is ranked 4th best state for singles nationwide. The state is good for people interested in casual or serious relationships or even elite singles dating. And the most effective way to meet a potential match in the area is via an online dating site or dating app, as they helped millions of singles find matches for some fun.
Secret Benefits is one of the most popular dating apps in Texas. It has many Texas singles and is good for various types of casual relationships that are the most popular in the region. It is also user-friendly, credit-based, and provides profile verification for the safe and easy start of real relationships.